(Failure Analysis/Forensic Investigation/Materials and Corrosion)
Working closely with the Senior Consultant / Consultant and with the Technical Expert team, the Engineer solves failure cases and evaluates condition of equipment/facilities in an analytical, systematic, and logical manner through fundamental application of engineering and material science knowledge.
About the Company:
Matcor is a subsidiary of Cetim, the French Technical Centre for Mechanical Industry. Cetim was established in 1965 to support innovation and competitiveness of engineering companies through its multidisciplinary expertise and unique R&D capacity. Our 1,100 employees provide a comprehensive array of services and solutions to the worldwide manufacturing industries, which includes Aerospace, Marine, Automotive, Energy and Oil & Gas. Together with its international subsidiaries and partners, Cetim has 8,000 customers in more than 50 countries and has become a world leading engineering group, who is also able to support environmental and Industry 4.0 transformation.
At Matcor, the Asia Pacific subsidiary of Cetim, we are passionate about finding solutions for our clients and are dedicated to helping in the success of their projects be it: Failure Analysis and Forensic investigation, Lab Testing, Asset Integrity Management, Mechanical engineering and Testing support, High level technical Training, Specialized Software, Advanced manufacturing solutions, Industrialization of innovation and much more….
- Lead technical project in coordination with the Client and the Cetim team (from quotation to fully validated technical report deliverable)
- Perform failure analysis and forensic investigation to establish root cause of machinery/equipment failures, industrial accidents, and fires/explosions
- Perform site inspection to assess and evaluate the condition and integrity of equipment/facilities through various engineering inspection techniques
- Conduct non-destructive tests and evaluations
- Carry out research and consultancy work relating to engineering, materials, and corrosion issues
- Conduct laboratory examinations and tests involving metallography, SEM Fractography, EDX analysis, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Material Science / Materials Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, able to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, confident and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Prepared to work at site and in the laboratory
- Fresh graduates or 1 – 3 years of experience