Role of R&D Engineer
Reporting to the Operations Director and working closely with the teams of Technical Experts and Consultants, the role of the R&D Engineer is to conduct R&D projects in a systematic and scientific manner with good time management and organization skills. Analytical, critical and creative thinking are some of the desired attributes for such a role.
Scientific fields with Industrial applications to be explored:
- In collaboration with CETIM, R&D projects related to mechanical industry and particularly focused on materials and surfaces, residual service life, intelligence in production, Additive Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, etc.
- Carry out research and consultancy work relating to one of the scientific field in the table
- Perform bibliographic studies on the R&D topics assigned
- Writing of technical reports and scientific articles on the R&D findings
- Prepare weekly updates on progress
- Participate to meetings with Matcor and CETIM Business Units
- Actively participate in elaboration of new R&D topics
- Work on new proposed R&D projects
- Master or PhD in Mechanics of Solids / Materials Engineering / Processes and Technologies of Composites / Mechanical Engineering / Additive Manufacturing….
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation software
- Proficient in English. French (written and spoken) would be advantage.
- Self-motivated and confident personality with ability to work independently as well as in a team
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time or on Project basis