Reporting to the Senior Consultant / Consultant and working closely with the Technical Expert teams, the Senior Engineer is competent to solve failure cases and evaluate condition of equipment/facilities in an analytical, systematic and logical manner through fundamental application of engineering and material science knowledge. He / She is able to follow and lead several projects on his/her own, take ownership of the projects, be in contact with customers and suppliers, and drive and coach a team of junior engineers.
- Perform failure analysis and forensic investigation to establish root cause of machinery/equipment failures, industrial accidents and fires/explosions
- Perform site inspection to assess and evaluate the condition and integrity of equipment/facilities through various engineering inspection techniques
- Conduct non-destructive tests and evaluations
- Carry out research and consultancy work relating to engineering, materials and corrosion issues
- Conduct laboratory examinations and tests involving metallography, SEM Fractography, EDX analysis, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Material Science / Materials Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, confident and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Prepared to work at site and in the laboratory
- Minimum 4 years of experience