Crane Design in accordance with EN 13001 series of standards
Master the scientific basis and the essential rules of crane design, in accordance with EN 13001 series of standards (with equivalent ISO standards)
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
- Classify a crane or a component
- Evaluate individually and thereafter combine crane load actions
- Verify structural or mechanical components in order to prevent hazards due to yielding, brittle fracture, buckling or fatigue
Adequate knowledge and practical skills in the strength of materials
Alternating theory and practice, including short exercises. Please get ready a scientific calculator.
Who should attend:
The course is designed for Engineering Designers, Engineers, Consultants, Inspectors from Crane Manufacturers, Crane Operators who need to optimize their technical specifications for purchase of new cranes or to check design calculations, for instance, in Construction, Port Services, Steel or Nuclear Plants etc.
- Classification of cranes and structure or mechanical components
- Determination of regular, occasional and exceptional loads due to hoisting of a load; skewing loads, accelerations, in service and out service winds and Tests
- Load combinations adopting Limit states method
- Proof of integrity of structural elements (brittle fracture, yielding, welded and bolted connections, instability such as bulging and buckling and fatigue)
- Proof of integrity of mechanical components involving wire ropes, wheel or rail contacts, load lifting attachments and bearings
- Presentation of EN 13001 parts dealing with bearings (EN 13001-3-4) without exercise
- Presentation of ISO 11031 “Principles for seismically resistant design”
- Presentation of some standards linked to EN 13001 series, dealing with spreaders (EN 15056), crane runways (Euro codes) and MWEP (EN 280)
PS: For most of the European standards, there are ISO equivalent which are summarised below:
- ISO 4301 equivalent to EN 13001-1 (Classification)
- ISO 8686 & ISO 4302 equivalent to EN 13001-2 (Loads & loads combination)
- ISO 20332 equivalent to EN 13001-3-1 (Proof of Structural Components)
- ISO 16625 rev equivalent to EN 13001-3-2 (Wire Ropes)
- ISO 168881 rev equivalent to EN 13001-3-3 (Wheel / Rail Contacts)
- ISO 17096 equivalent to EN 13155 (Load lifting attachments)
As such, tables shall be provided with the limited technical deviations of those ISO Standards versus the EN versions, such as missing load combinations, different values for some safety factors etc. allowing a quick application of the ISO standards from the training course files based on EN 13001 series.
This course will be carried out by Mr. Bruno DEPALE, a Structural Analysis expert and a French representative in the European Crane Design Standards Committee.
Mr. Bruno DEPALE
Bruno is Structural Analysis Expert of CETIM (Technical Institute of the French mechanical industry). He works mainly in the fields of machine design, steel construction and has expertise in a wide range of machines, but with a focus on cranes. Since 2004, he has been French delegate in the working groups of CEN/TC147 and ISOTC96 dealing with Crane design.
His fields of interest cover structural analysis based on FEA (Abaqus), private studies dealing with proofs and strength of structures or mechanical components, projects dealing with RLA (Residual Life Assessment) of structures/machines and training for knowledge transfer to industry (87 sessions).
Areas of Expertises
- Expertise of failure modes
- Design support and optimization of machines
- Seismic resistant design calculations
- Training (cranes design, RLA, fatigue)
- Management of professional working groups
- EN 13001 series of standards – Crane design : Project Leader of parts EN 13001-3-4
« bearings » and prEN 13001-3-8 « shafts »
- ARCELORMITTAL : RLA of the runway of a 300 ton bridge crane
- SOLETANCHE BACHY : Structural analysis of the design of a new drilling machine
- AIRBUS : RLA of load manipulating devices for A380 Program
Career: 1.5 years as research engineer at MESSIER BUGATTI (landing gears, SAFRAN Group) and structural engineer at CETIM since 1992. Structural Analysis Expert since 2016.
Academic: Mechanical Engineering and Production, Engineer, EUDIL, 1989
VIRTUAL LEARNING REGISTRATION FORM
CL01 Crane Design in accordance with EN 13001 series of standards (Equivalent ISO Standards)
14th to 18th December 2020 (Mon – Fri)
14:.00 to 18:00 (GMT +8) Singapore / 07:00 – 11:00 (GMT+1) Paris
each day with half an hour break, total 20 hours
1st Dec 2020
A link to join the Virtual Learning will be sent to you upon confirmation and receipt of fees.
Limited seats are available for best results
Registrations will be confirmed in writing and is subject to availability
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Ms. Irene LIM at +65 67788285 or send an email to email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary