Failure Analysis of Mechanical Power Transmission Components
Understand the causes of failures of power transmission components (shaft, gears and bearings) to better avoid them. Implement appropriate corrective actions using a structured failure analysis approach.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
- Identify the different aspects of the incriminated parts and the causes
- Interpret the damage in areas affected by equipment failure
- Implement the damage analysis and the appropriate corrective actions
- To exchange with experts in the field
7th – 8th June 2022
Close for registration
08:30 – 17:30 (GMT+8) Singapore
To have notions of metallurgy, mechanics and kinematics of the gears.
Teaching method alternating theory and practice through case studies or works directed.
Who should attend:
Engineers, technicians and more generally anyone facing damage problems in gearboxes and gear sets.
- Practice of failure analysis:
- Failure analysis methodology,
- Precautions before analysis,
- Laboratory analysis techniques.
- Morphological analysis of fractures:
- Fractures and their characteristics;
- The morphological analysis of fractures.
- Shafts failure analysis:
- The main solicitations,
- Typical shaft’s rupture
- Failure due to surface deterioration.
- Failure Analysis on Power Transmission:
- Generalities on transmissions,
- Analysis of lubricants in use.
- Practice of gear damage analysis:
- General considerations;
- Main aspects of the gear teeth in service.
- Practice of bearing damage analysis:
- General considerations;
- Typical deteriorations.
- Real case studies of damage
- Questions / answers
This course will be conductedby Mr.Robert SHANDRO,Technical expert in the field, involved in consultingmissions and technical assistance.He will be assistedby engineer Mr. Ashley Ng.
Principal Consultant with CETIM - MATCOR in the field of mechanical, power transmissions and materials engineering. A Specialist in failure investigation, forensic engineering and condition assessment with more than 30 years of consulting experience in Energy, Aerospace, Transportation, Shipbuilding and Public Works. Involved in close to 2,500 failure analysis and consulting services for litigation. Member of French delegation for ISO TC60 (Technical Committee), Expert in load capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of materials for gears.
Areas of Expertise
- Failure analysis of a wide range of mechanical equipment/components and structural facilities
- Design, verification and failure analysis on mechanical power transmission components
- Condition and remnant life assessment of mechanical power transmission components
- Expert witness for litigation and insurance claims
- Expert consultant and technical support on patent litigations
- Standardization works (ISO TC60)
- 5 years as Design Engineer (electric motors and generators)
- 12 years as Technical Advisor (Judicial Expertise)
- 13 years as Project Manager at CETIM
- From year 2019 – Principal Consultant at MATCOR
- Master of Engineering (MEng) UPT 1986
- Master in Materials Science (MSc) ISMCM 1992
MTS06 Failure Analysis of Mechanical Power Transmission Components
7th – 9th June 2022
17th May 2022, Tuesday
8.30pm – 5.30pm (GMT+8)
SGD 2,400.00 (exclude GST)
Registration must reach us on or before 4th May, Wednesday
SGD 2,160.00 (exclude GST)
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
Our Accounts will advise if GST is applicable. Participants shall bear all bank charges.
Learners must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components, to be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance (COA).
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Joshua Lee at +65 67788285 or send an email to email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary