Gears - From Design to Implementation
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
- Consult a definition plan, a range of manufacture, a report of and extracting the useful elements;
- Understand and follow the whole process of making a gear, design at the reception;
- Identify the theoretical and practical elements that are essential for producing quality gears and guarantee their service life.
5th & 6th July 2022
Teaching method alternating theory and practice through case studies or works directed.
Who should attend:
Technicians in the methods, control, quality and manufacturing departments, but also all those (project managers, sales engineers, buyers and who want to know about gears and their implementation work.
- Basic concepts on the geometry of gears to “Teeth in involute”:
- Spur and helical gears;
- Meshing (contact ratio, interference, sliding);
- Tooth modifications (profile and helix);
- Resistance to contact pressure and tooth breakage.
- The principles of manufacture of cylindrical gears (for each machining process, presentation of machines and tools):
- Gear cutting processes (hob, pinion);
- Finishing processes of teeth (grinding, shaving, honing);
- Other machining processes.
- Principles of tolerancing and control of cylindrical gears:
- Control of teeth in manufacture;
- Metrological control of the teeth;
- Case study: reading of plans and exploitation of measurements.
- Concepts on the implementation of cylindrical gears:
- Operating clearance;
- Lubrication and evacuation of calories;
- Behaviour and the degradation of the teeth in use;
- Notions of maintenance linked to the monitoring of gearboxes (noise, vibrations
- Examples of gear assemblies (gearboxes with parallel trains, planetary transmissions …).
- Presentation of other types of gears.
- Questions / answers.
This course will be conductedby Mr.Robert SHANDRO,Technical expert in the field, involved in consultingmissions and technical assistance.He will be assistedby engineer Mr. Ashley Ng.
Principal Consultant with CETIM - MATCOR in the field of mechanical, power transmissions and materials engineering. A Specialist in failure investigation, forensic engineering and condition assessment with more than 30 years of consulting experience in Energy, Aerospace, Transportation, Shipbuilding and Public Works. Involved in close to 2,500 failure analysis and consulting services for litigation. Member of French delegation for ISO TC60 (Technical Committee), Expert in load capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of materials for gears.
Areas of Expertise
- Failure analysis of a wide range of mechanical equipment/components and structural facilities
- Design, verification and failure analysis on mechanical power transmission components
- Condition and remnant life assessment of mechanical power transmission components
- Expert witness for litigation and insurance claims
- Expert consultant and technical support on patent litigations
- Standardization works (ISO TC60)
- 5 years as Design Engineer (electric motors and generators)
- 12 years as Technical Advisor (Judicial Expertise)
- 13 years as Project Manager at CETIM
- From year 2019 – Principal Consultant at MATCOR
- Master of Engineering (MEng) UPT 1986
- Master in Materials Science (MSc) ISMCM 1992
5th & 6th July 2022
7th June 2022, Tuesday
SGD 1,600.00 (exclude GST)
Registration must reach us on or before 24th May, Tuesday
SGD 1,440.00 (exclude GST)
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
Our Accounts will advise if GST is applicable. Participants shall bear all bank charges.
Learners must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components, to be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance (COA).
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Joshua Lee at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary