Design Process for Metal Additive Manufacturing
A comprehensive training program on the main processes of design in metal additive manufacturing technologies.
Upon completion of the training, the trainees will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Master the main design rules in Additive Manufacturing processes
- Understand the key points to be designed for each Additive Manufacturing technologies base
- Able to design parts on Additive Manufacturing according to the specifications of each metal technology
- Able to adapt the original design to optimise the use of Additive Manufacturing
First level or elementary knowledge on additive manufacturing, mastering mechanical design methods or having attended “FA 01 training on Additive Manufacturing Processes for Polymer and Metal Applications”.
Interactive Virtual Learning with “Classilio”. Alternating theory and practice, including case studies.
Who should attend:
Technical Director, industrial director, operations manager, manufacturing engineers, technicians, designer, supply chain management and executives, research and development team who are involved in incorporating additive manufacturing into their company’s production processes.
Design for Metal Additive Manufacturing (5 modules x 2 hours in 3 days)
- Module 1 (2h): Review of Additive Manufacturing Basics, Global Design including requirements, specifications and value analysis etc.
- Module 2 (2h): Design rules (Global), identifying methods for Additive Manufacturing parts of relevance
- Module 3 (2h): Design rules focusing on Process
- Module 4 (2h): Topological optimisation, Additive Manufacturing Software
- Module 5 (2h): Other design examples, complimentary information and free exchanges
This virtual learning course will be carried out by Mr. Quentin CHARRON, an experienced consultant and research engineer for Additive Manufacturing.
Mr. Quentin CHARRON is an experienced consultant, research and development expert for Additive Manufacturing. Mr. Charron specializes in Project Management, Steering, Implementation and Monitoring of Research & Development projects for Additive Manufacturing.
Areas of Expertises
Guiding companies in the discovery and mastery of Additive Manufacturing for their value chain
- Discovery of Additive Manufacturing for metal, polymer and ceramic
- Design for Additive Manufacturing (multi-processes)
- 3D modeling (Catia, SolidWorks) and stl processing (Magics)
- Re-design for Additive Manufacturing
- Topological optimization (Inspire)
Additive Manufacturing Production :
- Laser Beam Melting, Electron Beam Melting
- Metal Binder Jetting (Digital Metal & Desktop Metal)
- Bound Metal Deposition (Desktop Metal)
Actively participates in the development of diagnostic tools for companies wishing to integrate Additive Manufacturing into their production and business.
- FA 01: “Additive Manufacturing Processes for Polymer and Metal Applications” and
- FA 03: “Design Process for Additive Manufacturing”
Manager of the Additive Manufacturing platform of CETIM Cluses: Metal Binder Jetting and Bound Metal Deposition (Desk Top Metal Processes).
Following a Master’s degree of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering, with Additive Manufacturing materials and process expertise, Mr. Quentin CHARRON joined Cetim in Year 2017 as a Service and Research Engineer.
VIRTUAL LEARNING REGISTRATION FORM
FA03: Design for Metal Additive Manufacturing
Day 1 & 2 → 14:00 – 18:30 (GMT+8) Singapore / 08:00 – 12:30 (GMT+2) Paris
Day 3 → 14:00 – 16:00 (GMT+8) Singapore / 08:00 – 10:00 (GMT+2) Paris
Kindly note that Singapore Time Zone, GMT+8, is being reflected in the brochure.
6th April 2021, Monday.
A link to join the Virtual Learning will be sent to you upon confirmation and receipt of fees.
Limited seats are available for best results
Registrations will be confirmed in writing and is subject to availability
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Ms. Irene LIM at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary