Fatigue Analysis from Finite Element Calculations
Consider the fatigue strength of your components and structures early in the design stage,
from finite element results post-processing.
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Build a finite element model suitable for fatigue analysis,
- Know different fatigue life approaches for simple and complex loadings,
- Apply these approaches to evaluate the fatigue strength of mechanical components or structures.
14th – 17th September 2021
Close for registration
14:00 – 17:00 (GMT+8) Singapore /
08:00 – 11:00 (GMT+2) Paris
Good understanding and knowledge of material strength and finite element analysis.
Teaching alternating theory and practice through exercises and case studies. Please bring along a scientific calculator.
Who should attend:
Engineers and technicians from Design and Simulation departments, in charge of strength calculations and aiming to optimize their structures for fatigue.
- Good practices in finite element modelling for fatigue post-processing: modelling rules, global analysis and postprocessing options.
- Stress-Life approach for high cycle fatigue.
- Strain-Life approach for low cycle fatigue.
- Multiaxial loadings analysis.
- Fatigue of welded structures: seam welds hot spot and notch stress approaches, introduction to spot welds analysis.
This course will be carried out by Philippe AMUZUGA.
Philippe is a Structural Analysis Engineer of CETIM (Technical Institute of the French mechanical industry). He works mainly in the field of steel construction, and more particularly on designing and sizing by the digital chain. Specialized in structural and contact fatigue, he applies and develops advanced analysis tools to correlate and valorize test results with numerical models..
His fields of interest cover structural analysis based on FEA (Abaqus, Ansys) and fatigue analysis (nCode), dealing with strength of structures or mechanical components and training for knowledge transfer to industry.
Areas of Expertises
- Fatigue of mechanical components
- Contact fatigue
- Digital Twinning and Model Reduction
- Residual Life of Structures and Equipment
- Training (Fatigue analysis based on finite element calculations).
Career: 3 years as Mechanical Structure Analysis Engineer at SKF Aerospace (semi-analytical modeling to solve heterogeneous elastic-plastic contact problems in hybrid bearings) 3 years as a structural engineer at CETIM, since 2017.
Graduate: Mechanical Engineering—Fatigue (PhD, INSA-Lyon, 2016)
VIRTUAL LEARNING REGISTRATION FORM
M48: Fatigue Analysis from Finite Element Calculations
14th – 17th September 2021
Singapore Time 14:00 – 17:00 (GMT+8), France Time 08:00am -11:00 (GMT+2):
(each day 3 hours for 4 days, total 12 hours)
1st September 2021, Wednesday.
A link to join the Virtual Learning will be sent to you upon confirmation and receipt of fees.
Limited seats are available for best results
Registrations will be confirmed in writing and is subject to availability
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Ms. Irene LIM at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary