Composite Materials – from Manufacturing, RLA to Failure Analysis
In-depth Knowledge Transfer of Composite Materials from Manufacturing, Remaining Life Assessment to Failure Analysis
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- List the generalities on composite materials, their advantages and disadvantages
- List the main specific methods for control and characterization of composite materials, physic-chemical tests, mechanical tests, NDT
- List the phenomena of ageing and degradation over time of composites to define Remaining Life Assessment
- Apply the failure analysis methodology for composite parts,
- Interpret the fracture surfaces of composite parts with a scanning electron microscope to determine the stresses that caused the fracture (tension, compression, shear, fatigue, aging…).
Materials and engineering background.
Alternating theory and practice through exercises and case studies.
Who should attend:
Engineers, manufacturers, operations and maintenance team working in the automotive, construction and manufacturing industries where composite materials form a major part of their operations.
- General information on composite materials, their advantages and disadvantages, description of the main relationships between structure/properties
- Specific methods for characterization and controls of composite materials, physic-chemical tests, mechanical tests, NDT
- Phenomena of ageing and degradation over time of composites and characteristics to define Remaining Life Assessment
- Methodology for failure analysis of composite parts
- Composite damage mechanisms, harmfulness of defects, fractography: interpret the fracture surfaces of composite parts with a scanning electron microscope to determine the stresses that caused the fracture: tension, compression, shear, fatigue, ageing….
- Application of all skills (knowledge and know-how) through the trainees’ realization of case studies of composite part failure cases
This course will be carried out by our expert Ms. Sophie Toillon.
Sophie TOILLON, our renowned expert on “Materials”, provides expertise on polymer and composite components and structures. The areas of expertise are:
- Classification of materials
- Failure analysis, audit, advising
- Searching for repair or redesign solutions
- Management of projects across multiple skill areas
- Training (teaching manager) and presentations on technology days
- Head of R&D studies and of supervision of thesis on:
- Ageing and life expectancy prediction
- Development of classification techniques (remaining constraints, etc.)
- CETIM (20 years): failure analysis project manager, head of R&D studies then Area Expert
- CRITT Materials – LNE East (5 years): manager of classification services, failure analysis, specific formulations, bonding, training
- Education and Training
- Diploma from l’Institut de l’Expertise (Paris)
- Qualified in Engineering at the Ecole d’Application des Hauts Polymères (EAHP) in Strasbourg (1994),
- Post-graduate diploma in Physics Chemistry Polymer Materials (1993)
Areas of Expertises
- Mechanical and physical-chemical classification, NDTs of polymer and composite materials (high diffusion and high performance),
- Failure analysis of plastic, elastomer and composite parts, methodology, FMEA process
- Damage analysis and identification of failure mechanisms (fractography)
- Understanding of ageing phenomena
- Assistance with redesign or repair of faulty parts or structures
- Surface, adhesion treatments
- Work providing judicial, insurance and industrial expertise in various fields (transport, boating, energy, oil & gas, medical, sport etc.):
- Expertise in the aeronautics field with the BEA (Investigation and Analysis Bureau of the French General Directorate for Civil Aviation)
- Expertise in the field of energy: vibratory and aeraulic analysis, determination of modes of damage, reparation and redesign of components (air cooler blades, wind turbine blades)
- Expertise in the boating area (mast, link arm, catamaran and/or trimaran shells (Banque Populaire for example))
- Expertise in the area of sporting materials (carbon composite bicycle forks – legal)
- Know-how sharing
- Organization of a technology day devoted to failure analysis in March 2019, bringing in industrial and university partners
CLASSROOM TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM
MTS 07: Composite Materials – from Manufacturing, RLA to Failure Analysis
3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Ms. Irene LIM at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary