Material Resistance and Sizing Level 1 – Basic applications
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- construct a model for calculating the structure to be studied and how to use simple strength of materials formulas for dimensioning or verifying the structure.
- look for sizing quantities, evaluate with criterion the resistance of the structure and produce a calculation note
Participants must master the mathematical concepts listed in the programme of the “basic concepts in mechanics” course (CM01).
The course is designed for technical agents, technicians of engineering offices or maintenance services, applicable to all industries.
Who should attend:
Business owners (especially SME), production managers, robotics project managers, methods and / or
industrialization managers and anyone who needs to define or pilot a project for the integration of robotics.
- Introduction of basic concepts in strength of materials (tensile curve, stress, etc.).
- Geometric characteristics of the sections. Unit consistency.
- Case study: characterization of a profile.
- Calculation of efforts.
- Equilibrium principle.
- Case study: equilibrium of a mechanical system.
- Calculation of the resistance of the parts subjected to traction.
- Application to the treatments of articulated systems (trellis, etc.).
- Calculation of shear parts resistance.
- Calculation of the resistance of the parts subjected to bending.
- Calculation of the resistance of parts subjected to torsion.
- Resistance of weld cords in static: dimensioning principle and criteria.
- Application: static dimensioning of some welded joints.
After the training, an examination is available for the participants via the internet.
It is based on a set of questions covering the essential points of the training with answers are supported by course reminders. A copy of this document may be saved and retained by the trainees.
This course will be carried out by Mr. Hervé DROBEZ, a technical expert of the sector, involved in consulting and technical assistance missions in companies.
Mr. Hervé DROBEZ
Hervé is a structural analysis engineer of CETIM (Technical Institute of the French Mechanical Industry). He works mainly in strength of materials training for knowledge transfer to industry, structural analysis based on FEA (Abaqus, Ansys, Castor) with focus on composite fatigue calculation, crack propagation and DOE/optimization of structure.
Areas of Expertises
- Verification, calculation of mechanical structures
- Seismic resistant design calculation
- Training (strength of materials, finite element method)
- Multi-competency project management
- Composite fatigue calculations, crack propagation with XFEM method
- Design of experiment (DOE) and optimization of mechanical structures
- MANITOWOC: structural verification on cranes, including bolts and welding
- IST: assistance in the development of a new medical prosthesis
- SADE: structural analysis of an acid injection set in water pipe
- FAIVELEY: analysis of calculation notes
- Innovation engineer – polymers and composites at Cetim Cermat – Mulhouse 2007-2011
- Structural engineer at CETIM since 2011
Graduate: PhD in mechanics, Controlled Behavior of Composite Material, LPMT laboratory
Université de Haute Alsace,2006
CLASSROOM TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM
3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
SGD 1,800.00 per person (exclude GST), before any approved funding or grants
10% Discount! Registration must reach us by 19th April 2019 or
SGD 1,620.00 per person (exclude GST) with minimum 3 participants from the same company
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Ms. Irene LIM at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary