Material Resistance and Sizing
Use the advanced notions of strength of materials to check the resistance of structures to
buckling and fatigue phenomena.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
- Identify the structures to be calculated and build a complete model of the structure
- Use RDM calculation methods for the sizing or verification of complete structures
- Search the sizing quantities (restraint, deformations, displacement) for the main “ruin modes” in the elements of the structure, produce a calculation note of the complete structure
- Evaluate the service life of the complete structure
- Check fatigue behaviour of welded joints and structural elements.
15:30 – 18:30 (GMT+8) Singapore / 08:30 – 11:30 (GMT+1) Paris
Participants must possess an engineering diploma level with experience in the application of the RDM rules or have attended Reference RDM01 course – Basic Applications.
Alternating theory and practice, including case studies. Please bring along a scientific calculator.
Who should attend:
The course is designed for Engineering Technicians, Engineers, Consultants, Inspectors from Operations and Maintenance Services applicable to all industries.
- Revision of the basis of the RDM
- The hyperstatic systems:
- energy method
- force method
- General introduction to fatigue
- Dimensioning of structures subjected to fatigue solicitations uniaxial
- Case study in uniaxial fatigue
- Calculation of structures subject to buckling: case of beams
- Dimensioning of welded joints subject to loads of tired
- Calculation of plates and shells by RDM
This course will be carried out by Mr. Philippe THEPAULT, a technical expert of the sector, involved in consulting and technical assistance missions in companies.
Mr. Philippe THEPAULT
Philippe is a structural analysis engineer and a finite element software developer of CETIM (Technical Institute of the French Mechanical Industry). He works mainly in the CETIM finite element software development called Castor, strength of materials training for knowledge transfer to industry , structural analysis based on FEA (Abaqus, Ansys, Castor), management of technical software development, fatigue analysis..
Areas of Expertises
- Development of technical software
- Design support and optimization of machines
- Seismic resistant design calculations
- Training (strength of materials, software use)
- Management of professional working groups
- Fatigue calculations
- PROMILL: Investigation of the causes of the cracking of fatigue welds in a drying tube by calculation
- CASTOR: Integration of the continuum shell element in the software
- SECAL: Seismic structural analysis of an overhead crane
- EUROTUNNEL: analysis of calculation notes
Career: structural engineer at CETIM since 1989
Academic: Mechanical Engineering, Engineer, ENSAM, 1987
VIRTUAL LEARNING REGISTRATION FORM
23rd – 26th November 2020, Singapore Time 3.30pm – 6.30pm (GMT+8),
Europe Time 8.30am -11.30pm (GMT+2)
3.30pm – 6.30pm (GMT+8) for a 3 hours’ session each day for four days.
Total 12 hours’ course
10th November 2020, Tuesday
A link to join the Virtual Learning will be sent to you upon confirmation and receipt of fees.
Limited seats are available for best results
Registrations will be confirmed in writing and is subject to availability
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Ms. Irene LIM at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary