Static sealing systems overview
Overview of the different static sealing systems and their use under different service conditions.
The aim of this presentation is to give a brief overview of static sealing gaskets, and describe the different Gasket technology and performance.
Topics covered during the presentation:
- Gasket families
- Sheet gaskets
- Semi metallic or envelope gaskets
- Metallic gaskets
- Gasket types summary
The webinar will be presented by our French technical expert Mr Stéphane JAVANAUD supported by Mr Cyril TRUNET.
AREAS OF EXPERTISES
Engineer in the sealing technologies Cetim’s Lab since 2016
- Gasket testing: definition of test procedures for gasket characterization and qualification for gasket manufacturers and end-users in the field of Oil & gas, Nuclear and chemical industry
- Bolted flange connection calculation:
- Training for industry on bolted flange joints and EN1591 calculation method
- Several studies around EN1591
- Sealing interfaces calculation by FEA with elastomeric O-ring / gasket or metallic O-ring
Materials and Design volume 156 (2018): Temperature-dependent modelling of a HNBR O-ring seal above and below the glass transition temperature. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2018.06.016).
ASME PVP 2018: Flange Gasket Behavior Characterization for Service in Arctic Environment (PVP2018-84284).
Graduated from Ecole Nationale Supérieur d’Ingénieurs de Bretagne Sud (ENSIBS), France in 2016
Experience in the field of bolted flange joints, elastomeric seals and Finite Element Analysis.
Participation is free but registration is compulsory.
Course Name: Static sealing systems overview
Date & Time: TBA
Venue: From your home / office and via Internet, attend a webinar with our expert for free!