Failure Analysis and Forensic Investigation
Failure of components or sometimes the entire structure often pose significant impact and threats to safety, economic and even to environmental issues. A detailed understanding and analysis of the causes is usually deemed as basic requirement in order to prevent similar failures from recurring in the future.
The training provides some of the fundamentals and practical approach of forensic investigation, the various modes and causes of failures to better understand the macro and micro aspects of engineering components.
The training provides participants with:
- Forensic knowledge and skills used in failure investigation
- An abridgement of techniques used as aids in forensic investigation
- Collated experience from past failure cases from various industries and components
Teaching method alternating theory and practice through case studies or works directed.
25 – 26 April 2023
09:00 – 17:00 (GMT+8) Singapore
- Introduction to Failure Analysis and Forensic Investigation
- Material Properties and basic concepts in metallurgy
- Analytical techniques used (for Site)
- Analytical techniques used (for Laboratory)
- Failure and Damage Mechanisms
- Types of Mechanical Loads
- Case Studies (focus on different industries and mechanical related, such as metals, components, structural damage, power transmission etc.)
- Individual work and Quiz (including comprehensive library of photos illustration to differentiate diverse types of failure)
- Questions / answers.
Who should attend:
The course is designed for various disciplines that includes Engineers, Consultants, Inspectors, Safety, Maintenance, Process and Operators; covering major industries not limited to Oil and Gas, Marine, Building and Construction, Manufacturing and Aerospace. It is especially beneficial for participants who are new to these concepts, non-metallurgist or non-engineering related professionals who wants to better understand the application of forensic engineering for cases such as litigation and insurance purposes.
About the Trainers
This course will be conducted by Robert SHANDRO and Jennifer LIM.
Jennifer Lim, Huei Ling
Jennifer is a Senior Consultant with Cetim-Matcor Technology & Services Pte Ltd in the field of mechanical, materials and corrosion engineering pertaining to forensic engineering, failure investigation and condition assessment.
She has over twelve (12) years of consulting experience in the oil and gas, petrochemicals, marine, manufacturing, utilities, building, pressure vessels, lifting equipment and aerospace industries and engaged in failure investigation and condition assessment cases both locally and internationally.
Areas of Expertises
Materials, Corrosion, Mechanical, Machinery and Structural Failures
- Condition, metallurgical and life assessment
- Failure investigation
- Expert witness for litigation and insurance claims and loss adjusting cases
- Non-destructive evaluation, remote visual inspection
- Third party inspection and quality assurance
Matcor Technology & Services Pte Ltd (2008 – Present):
Education / Certification :
- Bachelor of Engineering (Materials Engineering) Degree, 2008 – Nanyang Technological University
- API-570 Piping Inspector, 2014
Principal Consultant with CETIM - MATCOR in the field of mechanical, power transmissions and materials engineering. A Specialist in failure investigation, forensic engineering and condition assessment with more than 30 years of consulting experience in Energy, Aerospace, Transportation, Shipbuilding and Public Works. Involved in close to 2,500 failure analysis and consulting services for litigation.
Member of French delegation for ISO TC60 (Technical Committee), Expert in load capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of materials for gears.
Member of IES (Institute of Engineers Singapore).
Areas of Expertises
- Failure analysis of a wide range of mechanical equipment/components and structural facilities
- Design, verification and failure analysis on mechanical power transmission components
- Condition and remnant life assessment of mechanical power transmission components
- Expert witness for litigation and insurance claims
- Expert consultant and technical support on patent litigations
- Standardization works (ISO TC60)
- 5 years as Design Engineer (electric motors and generators)
- 12 years as Technical Advisor (Judicial Expertise)
- 13 years as Project Manager at CETIM
- From year 2019 – Principal Consultant at MATCOR
- Master of Engineering (MEng) UPT 1986
- Master in Materials Science (MSc) ISMCM 1992
MTS01 Failure Analysis and Forensic Investigation
25 – 26 April 2023
09:00 – 17:00 (GMT +8) Singapore
11 April 2023, Tuesday
3 Seletar Aerospace Link, Singapore 797550
SGD 1,600.00 (exclude GST)
Registration must reach us on or before 28 March 2023, Tuesday:
SGD 1,440.00 (exclude GST)
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
Our Accounts will advise if GST is applicable. Participants shall bear all bank charges.
Learners must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components, to be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance (COA).
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Mrs Lorraine HUANG or Joshua LEE at +65 67788285 or send an email to email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary