Material Resistance and Sizing Level
Size your mechanical elements with the strength of materials
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- construct a model for calculating the structure to be studied and how to use simple strength of materials formulas for dimensioning or verifying the structure.
- look for sizing quantities, evaluate with criterion the resistance of the structure and produce a calculation note.
25th – 28th Oct & 7th-11th Nov 2022 (8 days)
15:30 – 18:30 (GMT+8) Singapore / 08:30 – 11:30 (GMT+2) Paris
Participants must master the mathematical concepts listed in the programme of the “basic concepts in mechanics” course (CM01).
Pedagogical method alternating theory and practice through case studies or directed work..
Please bring along a scientific calculator.
Who should attend:
The course is designed for technical agents, technicians of engineering offices or maintenance services, applicable to all industries.
- Introduction of basic concepts in strength of materials (tensile curve, stress, etc.).
- Geometric characteristics of the sections. Unit consistency.
- Case study: characterization of a profile.
- Calculation of efforts.
- Equilibrium principle.
- Case study: equilibrium of a mechanical system.
- Calculation of the resistance of the parts subjected to traction.
- Application to the treatments of articulated systems (trellis, etc.).
- Calculation of shear parts resistance.
- Calculation of the resistance of the parts subjected to bending.
- Calculation of the resistance of parts subjected to torsion.
- Resistance of weld cords in static: dimensioning principle and criteria.
- Application: static dimensioning of some welded joints.
After the training, an examination is available for the participants via the internet.
It is based on a set of questions covering the essential points of the training with answers are supported by course reminders. A copy of this document may be saved and retained by the trainees.
This course will be carried out by Mr. Camille PLAISANT, a technical expert of the sector, involved in consulting and technical assistance missions in companies.
Mr. Camille PLAISANT
Camille is a structural analysis engineer of CETIM (Technical Institute of the French Mechanical Industry). He works mainly in strength of materials analysis, structural analysis based on FEA (Abaqus) and topological optimization.
Areas of Expertises
- Verification, calculation of mechanical structures
- Verification of design drawing
- Training (Mathematic, strength of materials)
- Multi-competency project management
- Topological optimization of mechanical structures
- 2009: Renault- Calculation and test correlation
- 2012: Bosch Rexroth- Calculation and test correlation for fatigue studies
- 2012 – 2014 EADS Astrium: Dynamic coupling analysis and modal analysis for Ariane 5
- 2014 – 2016 Technip: Stress engineer for sub-sea structure
- 2015: ESILV: Teacher
- 2016 – 2017: APCO Technologies: Stress engineer for EPR of Flamanville
- Since 2017: Cetim : Finite element analysis engineer and trainer
Graduate: Mechanical engineer certificate of Ecole Superieur d’Ingénieur Léonard de Vince (ESILV), 2012
VIRTUAL LEARNING REGISTRATION FORM
25th – 28th Oct & 7th – 11th Nov 2022 (8 days)
15:30 – 18:30 (GMT +8) Singapore / 08:30 – 11:30 (GMT+2) Paris
each day 3 hours, total 24 hours
12th Oct 2022
SGD 2,400.00 OR EUR 1,455.00 OR USD 1,780.00 per person (exclude GST)
Registration must reach us on or before 28th September:
SGD 2,160.00 OR EUR 1,310.00 OR USD 1,602.00 per person (exclude GST)
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
Our Accounts will advise if GST is applicable. Participants shall bear all bank charges.
Learners must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components, to be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance (COA).
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Joshua Lee at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary