Innovate on your products: Understand and implement an eco-design approach
Evaluate the potential of eco-design, manage an eco-design project by implementing the steps of the NF E 01-005 or CEN / TS 16524 standard and integrate life cycle thinking into your ISO 14001 system.
At the end of the training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the eco-design and life cycle thinking
- Identify the following eco-design issues for your company: regulatory, strategic, economic
- Realise a simplified LCA and know how to use the results
- Set up the eco-design approach step by step according to CEN TS 16524 / NF E 01-005 standards
- Make the link between the approach and the requirements on the life cycle perspective of the ISO 14001: 2015 standard
Presentations and practical work through an online software (Eco-design Studio).
Throughout the training, interactivity will be encouraged to adapt to the specific needs of the participants.
Who should attend:
General and business managers, managers and engineers from research and development departments, technical, quality, environment or marketing managers, product design managers
Module 1 : Eco-design and Life Cycle Thinking
- Eco-design principles and basic concepts
Module 2 : Regulations and standards applicable to eco-design
- Eco-design regulations overview
- Focus on certain regulations: Reach, RoHS, ErP (Eco-design), Eol Regulations (WEEE, ELV,…)
- Eco-design standards overview
Module 3 : Strategic and market issues
- Eco-design issues and interests for companies
Module 4 : Eco-design methods and tools
- Tools overview
- Focus on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Simplified LCA case study with Eco-Design Studio software
Module 5 : Implementation of the eco-design approach
Step by step implementation of the eco-design approach according to CEN TS 16524 / NF E 01-005 standards
- Case study with Eco-Design Studio software
Module 6 : Integration of the eco-design approach in an Environmental Management System
- Structure of the approach and the principles of continuous improvement
- Link between the approach and the requirements on the life cycle perspective of the ISO 14001: 2015 standard
- Declination of its environmental requirements to external stakeholders
G11 – Know how to realise a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of a product
Ms Solène LAURENT
Graduated in Mechanical Systems Engineering and Sustainable Development, she has been an eco-design / eco-innovation project manager for 9 years and referent of this theme within CETIM. She has supported and trained several mechanical companies (from Start-up to Medium and Large Companies) in the implementation of eco-design on their product development projects and in their companies.
She manages and participates in the development of internal CETIM eco-design tools, such as the production of environmental data for mechanical products (FD E 01-008) or the development of Eco-design Studio, She is also involved in standardization work to disseminate good practices towards companies.
Areas of Expertises
Eco-design and Product Development
- Training and transfer of the eco-design methodology for mechanical products (NF E 01-005 / CEN TS 16524)
- Development of mechanical tools (Eco-design Studio, FD E 01-008) Life Cycle Analysis
- Production of ISO 14040/ISO 14044 LCA and EPDs, Critical Review
Standardization member of UNM01 / CEN TC 406
Engineering and project management of eco-design and sustainable competitiveness projects
- CETIM (2011 – Today): Eco-design Project Manager
- SUNPOWER – 6 months – Design Office – Engineer Assistant
- APAVE – 6 months– Structural Analysis – Engineer Assistant
- Master’s degree – UTT – Engineering and Management of Environmental and Sustainable Development – 2011
- Engineering Diploma – UTT – Mechanical Systems Engineering – Option: Numerical Simulation in Mechanics – 2011
VIRTUAL LEARNING REGISTRATION FORM
WG10 Innovate on your products
22nd -25th March 2021, Singapore Time 15:00 – 18:30 (GMT+8),
France Time 08:00 – 11:30 (GMT+2):
15:00 – 18:30 (GMT+8) for a 3 hours & 30 min session each day for four days.
Total 14 hours course for six modules.
8th March 2021, Monday.
A link to join the Virtual Learning will be sent to you upon confirmation and receipt of fees.
Limited seats are available for best results
Registrations will be confirmed in writing and is subject to availability
We welcome groups to attend our trainings. Please contact us for a group discount package.
To register for the course, please complete this form.
- Registration form and course fees are to reach MATCOR before the closing date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Direct internet banking payment to MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd, Bank: Development Bank of Singapore, Bank Code: 7171, Branch Code: 032, Swift Code: DBSSSGSG, Bank Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade, #02-32, Great World City, Singapore 237994, Account / Iban No: 032-004152-3. / PAYNOW: UEN199201190R
- All cheques should be made payable to “MATCOR Technology & Services Pte Ltd” and mailed to 3 Seletar Aerospace Link Singapore 797550, Or
- Overseas participants may choose to pay in EUR or USD.
- Participants shall bear all bank charges for payments.
For clarification or inquiries please contact Ms. Pei Shyan NG or Ms. Irene LIM at +65 67788285 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation & Refund:
- Any cancellation made after closing date – no refund, but delegate substitution is allowed.
- Any cancellation made before closing date will receive full refund.
- MATCOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course, only if deemed necessary