Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)
Optimize your inspection and maintenance cost and risk by relying on our unique expertise and software for efficient inspection and maintenance setup.
RBI is an optimum inspection strategy that is commonly used to identify high risk equipment such as pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, piping and associated equipment. The high-risk equipment items are likely to be exposed to different types of degradation such as corrosion, fatigue and mechanical damage and could lead to catastrophic failures in the plant.
Why use Risk Based Inspection?
For asset intensive industries, such as oil & gas as well as energy sectors, risk based inspection (RBI) is an increasingly recognized approach adopted by various plant owners to prioritize the resources based on the associated risks calculation. Based on the RBI results, the plant owners will be more aware of the risk level of their assets and are able to allocate their resources effectively.
RBI is one of the management solutions within our AIM services that optimizes inspection efforts based on risk. Risk, in this context, is determined by the likelihood of a failure or breach of containment due to damage mechanisms and the consequences of it impacting on safety, environment and economics.
Inspection strategies can then be developed based on the results of RBI, with more focus on high risk equipment. Plant availability and safety has significantly improved using this approach, whilst achieving greatly reduced unplanned shutdowns and costs as a favourable by product.
Our experienced RBI team brings you the perfect compromise to balance inspection costs and risk reduction with a personalised approach based on a proven method. Our experts have vast knowledge of materials and damage mechanisms, and operational background to assess the risks of the assets in an accurate and reliable manner.
- Study the probability and consequence of failure for RBI assessment
- Comply with all applicable regulations and guidelines
- Identify risks associated with equipment degradation and corrosion rates using industry standards, such as API-580, API-579, and API-581
- Validate mechanical integrity and reliability of your equipment’s
- Optimize the work of your inspection and maintenance teams by focusing on the equipment and systems with the highest risks
- Extending the service life of statutory equipment and assets
The Cetim Group is a global leader in Asset Integrity Management and provide trusted risk based inspection and technical advisory within RBI with a unique experience and expertise since more than 50 years.
Our RBI software solution has been selected and validated following a very thorough technical benchmark, conducted by our RBI experts in order to propose the best solutions to support your needs.
From this software, you will be able to turn inspection data into important information to help you identify downtime risks.
The outputs are used to define an optimized inspection plan to improve asset and plant performance and reliability, minimize downtime and reduce costs.
Typical RBI process proposed
- Gathering of information
- Site assessment
- Establishing the likelihood of failures
- Establishing the consequences of failures
- Determination of risks and ranking
- Development of inspection plans and strategies
- Presentation of results and plans in formal technical report
Training on RBI
Our expert team also provides high quality training for your team.
Contact us to learn from our RBI experts.